Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kelly Olnowich- Narrative Post #2

Kelly Olnowich

The Ascent of Mount Sanitas

Just down the street from my house, a serene cosmic world that has never experienced worry or hate, I can go there whenever I want, each time is a greater awakening than the last, my surroundings are so pure, so brilliant, everything is perfect during every second of existence, O how blessed I am to have the power of vision, to see all the world in such vivid color with my own two eyes, as I witness this life ever changing sunlight creates fields of shimmering gold, even the dull color of the dirt is amazing to me, the pines stand still, hanging out another day, such massive rock formations yet so quiet for their size, I can hear the critters waking up, rustling among the trees, off in the distance, some grazing in the grasses, I want to be friends with the beyond infinite, wide open sky that never ceases to exist as I make my ascent, how blessed again I am to have been granted the power to control my own body, up steep rugged mountains, step by step, I can feel each breath of crisp, wonderful air travel straight to my lungs after which I set free, swift off the main trail I hike my own path to my secret lookout spot, you can’t see me but I can see you from the rock I am perched on, it is happening now, a live performance for nobody in particular, the sun slowly rises from the horizon, pink, orange, yellow, purple colors swirl in the sky, so sudden an indescribable feeling rushes through me, time stands still, as I have come that much closer to the creator of this phenomenal world, everything and nothing will ever be enough, but thank you, for I am alive, I am here, on top of a mountain, here’s to you Petrarch.

No comments:

Post a Comment